Friday, November 14, 2008

So excited! - Posted by Lisa

Don't you hate it when someone tells you that they've got big news, but they can't tell you what it is? Well, I'm about to do just that. (And no, I'm not pregnant)

Actually, I will tell a little bit, I just don't want to give it all away right now. Christopher will be turning 5 next month, and tonight we came up with a GREAT idea for his first 'kids-only' birthday party (we're planning to do a family party a week later). We had some general ideas in mind, but because of money constraints, and our own feelings about what a kid's party should be, we wanted to keep it simple.

It will be in our home, in Michigan, in December. So our options are limited. We are inviting our friends and their children, which should amount to about 8 kids including our own (and one newborn). We already had the idea of having the kids all make their own mini-pizzas. With pre-made dough from the store (which tastes SO good), shredded cheese, and a few simple toppings, I'm sure they'll all be having a blast and hopefully eating well too. I suppose we should have a couple pizzas and other finger-food available for the grown-ups as well.

However, beyond that, I was stumped. Of course there are party games, but I wanted something just a little different, and I think we nailed it with this (ahem, top secret) idea! Christopher will LOVE. IT. I think the other kids will too.

Ahhh! I'm ready to burst, so I better stop now. I'm so sorry I can't tell you more just yet, but I really do want this to be a surprise, especially to Christopher. I think we're going to have to make sure he is out of the house for a while as the house is being decorated. I promise to take pictures of his reaction. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I want to know. The pizza idea is great! I can't believe Christopher is going to be 5. Where did the time go? I think I better keep up on your blog better than I have lately.
Love, Mom