Saturday, November 15, 2008

Odds 'n Ends - Posted by Lisa

Ian (a couple hours before dinner tonight): I want chocolate.
Mom: How about a peanut butter sandwich?
Ian: How about chocolate?

Kinda reminds me of someone else we know.
___________________________________

Christopher is excited to go to Sunday school tomorrow. This is a big thing since last year I took him to the Sunday school room, headed upstairs and found myself a seat in church, only to have Christopher run all the way into church by himself to find me. I didn't take him back again until last week, but he was so nervous that I stayed in the room the entire time. Tonight he said he is a "little scared, but not really" so we'll see how it goes. He is supposed to be singing a Thanksgiving song with his new classmates in front of the church tomorrow, but we didn't get much practice in. Hopefully all goes well!
___________________________________

Both boys were in bed and asleep before 8:30 tonight! That's unusual lately, especially for Christopher. Hurray!
___________________________________

I have an opportunity to do some private duty nursing for one of my parents' friends who just recently had knee surgery (has had? will have? haven't talked to her daughter yet). It is, of course, a good opportunity to make money, but even though she is a friend, there are still important considerations to keep in mind. I'm a little nervous, but will call her daughter tomorrow to find out the details (just learned of it this evening, and didn't want to call too late). Wish me luck!
___________________________________

Chris has gotten me interested again in "reading" (actually listening to the audio books) of the Harry Potter series. We had started listening to the first book way back before we had kids, but never continued the series. We've seen almost all of the movies and love the story, but we've both always wanted to read the books as well. We are listening to the stories on our iPods. He is now into book #4 (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) and I am about to start chapter 8 of book #1 (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - curiously, it is called HP and the Philosopher's Stone in England, huh). J.K. Rowling really is an amazing writer who brings the whole wizarding world to life with her words. I can't wait to listen to more of the story!

Well, I'd better go. Harry's waiting for me. ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
That is great! I mean the private nursing job. Let me know how it goes. Dad and I listen to audio books all the way to Gulf Shores and I love them. It helps to pass the time.
Love, Mom