Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The life of a working mom - Posted by Lisa

As I am now, at least temporarily, back in the ranks of mothers who work outside the home, I am rediscovering what it is like to need "filling in" on what your child has been doing all day.

At lunchtime, I decided to give my mom a call to check in. After only 3 hours away, I needed an update! My mom happily reported that she and Christopher had just put a cake in the oven. At the end of the day when I got back to their house, I learned that they had all taken a trip to the mall, and the boys got to visit Santa Claus. Of course, they were both very excited. Ian enthusiastically told me that he talked to Santa Claus and asked him for a "little red guitar." Christopher, not surprisingly, had asked for Star Wars Legos. No pictures with Santa, apparently, but what was most important was that they had a great time.

I'm so happy that they are enjoying themselves, and thankful to know they are being watched by people who love them so much! Thanks, Mom & Dad!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best they enjoyed their visit with Santa.
Love, Mom