Saturday, November 01, 2008

NaBloPoMo (or something like that): Day 1 - Posted by Lisa

We're not officially signed up for NaBloPoMo (or at least not yet), but I've been fascinated by this (what's the best word for it?) movement for the last two years and secretly wished I had tried it sooner. So, I have decided to write a blog post a day for the entire month of November. Pretty lofty goal for a blog that two people combined cannot seem to update more than once a month, in good times. But I guess that's the reason I'm doing this; to push myself (and perhaps Chris as well) to stretch my/our writing "muscles." Any suggestions for topics would be greatly appreciated. :)

I will try not to let these posts devolve into what I ate for breakfast, or something equally scintillating. But I will make an exception today, partly to get me started on this little project, and partly because it was enjoyable day and I'd like to share it.

Today, Chris and I had the rare pleasure of a few child-free hours spent with his sister Anita and her husband Dave. While our niece Sarah entertained the boys, the four of us enjoyed a couple games of bowling, then dinner (shared appetizer platters and yummy desserts) at this place. It was so nice to engage in light-hearted adult conversation interupted only by high fives for the occasional strike or spare (as opposed to "Mom? Mom? Mom? Moooooommmm!"). And it has been far too long since we've had a grown-ups only night with Anita & Dave. We really had so much fun with them, and can't wait to do it again.

Thanks for the great evening, guys! And thanks especially to Sarah...you don't know how much this meant to us. :) Love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed spending time with you guys too. Can't wait to schedule our next night out. Let's pencil it in on the calendar soon.

Love,
Anita & Dave

Anonymous said...

Your Very Welcome, Im glad the boys had fun and that you all had a great time alone. I heard you won a game of bowling aunt Lisa CUDOS( GOOD JOB ). Im happy to help whenever you need me. Love YOU ALL 2 Sarah :)