Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Movie Quotes - Posted by Chris

Disclaimer: I stole this idea from my nephew, Nathan.

Below are 15 (plus 1 bonus) movie quotes from some of my favorite movies. See how many you can guess. Feel free to enlist the help of family and friend however please do not cheat and use the Internet. I'll post the answers next week in the meantime please post comments with your guesses or even just how many you think you got right.


The List
1) "You cannot pass! I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass!"

2) "We're gonna play a little game of twenty questions. Depending on how you answer, you may walk out of here with a tan?"

3) "I'd say the odds against a successful escape are about 100 to one. But may I add another word, Colonel? The odds against survival in this camp are even worse."

4) "Nah, not me, Flo. I'm on one of them there special diets. I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics."

5) "Rosebud"

6) "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

7) "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."

8) "We missed our drop zone by about 20 miles, ended up way over by Bumville or some damn place."

9) "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

10) "Gillette, Mr. Sparrow has a dawn appointment with the gallows. I would hate for him to miss it."

11) "We want a shrubbery"

12) "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

13) "Germany has declared war on the Jones boys."

14) "Look, I know what I mean, you lunatic. Now do you, or do you not have for me, the 'massage'?"

15) "This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

BONUS
Princess Ann: "Is this the elevator?"
Joe Bradley: "This is my ROOM!"

Good Luck

3 comments:

Pat said...

You know I don't know any of these but I am printing them out and maybe your dad will know some of them. I hope so. We went today and saw Benjamin Button.
Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

Well, the only one your thinks he knows is #6 Godfather. He says even though he goes to many movies he doesn't know the movie quotes.
Mom

Anonymous said...

fun stuff...but i feel i shouldn't play since i've worked at a movie theater for the past 8 years and a video store for the past 5 yrs.

Ok....I'll name some of the obvious ones!

1) LOTR gandolf
4) Cars ...ok maybe not so obvious since its not a classic quote but I love Pixar!
5) Citizen Kane
7) Yoda!
9) Princess Bride
10) Pirates of the Caribbean
15) Matrix

the ones I don't know are #3, #8, #11, ...and #12 (I think I might know...sounds kinda familiar)

Bonus...I own that movie on VHS! I had to watch it for a play I did to study her accent. Good movie.