Thursday, December 08, 2005

Common Curiosity - Posted by Chris

What has happened to good old common curiosity?

A friend and I went to lunch today at Panera Bread. As usually the place was really busy and though the wait to get our food was rather short, there were no empty tables. Now here's what burns me, at least two booths were occupied by single individuals! Both of these individuals where pretty much finished eating; one person was reading a book and another was drinking coffee.

If it's not obvious, here's what I think is wrong. These individual had finished their lunch and were taking up table space at the height of the lunch time rush, while several people (my friend and I included) had just got their food and had no where to sit. Is it just me or should these people have offered up their tables?

0 comments: